Call for Presentations
RONOG is an open event where Internet Service Providers, network operators and other interested parties get together. Although the meeting is mostly technical, it is also a chance for people to meet and network with others in their field. We are now seeking content proposals from the Romanian community for the session presentations covering topics of network engineering and operations, including but not limited to:
- IPv6 deployment
- Managing IPv4 scarcity in operations
- Commercial transactions of IPv4 addresses
- Data centre technologies
- Network and DNS operations
- Internet governance and regulatory practices
- Network and routing security
- Content delivery
- Internet peering and mobile data exchange
RONOG attendees are quite sensitive to keeping presentations non-commercial and product marketing talks are strongly discouraged.
Repeated audience feedback shows that the most successful talks focus on operational experience, research results, or case studies. For example, presenters wishing to describe a commercial solution should focus on the underlying technology and not attempt a product demonstration.
The following general requirements apply:
- Proposals for session presentations, must be submitted for full consideration no later than 13 October 2014. Proposals submitted after this date will be considered on a space-available basis.
- Presenters should indicate how much time they will require. Proposals will only be considered if they contain at least draft presentation slides (slides may be updated later on).
If you have any questions or requests concerning content submissions, please email office [at] ronog . ro.